Friday, January 27, 2012

and the winner is...!

Well, this comes to the end of the pageant... blog. It's been great fun writing an actual blog, well just a little fun. I did not know much about beauty pageant or about sexual exploitation of children in the media; just basic facts but know I do know a little more. The goal of this blog was to educate the population of sexual exploitation of children in the media. In the end, I think I have discussed more about child beauty pageants than sexual exploitation of children in the media. Oh well, at least I stuck to the subject. Through out the past few weeks we have explored many topics ranging from the TLC television series Toddlers and Tiaras all the way to a beauty pageant embracing plastic surgery. We have seen the necessities to participate in a beauty pageant, with a possible prize of only $1000! Furthermore, I have analyzed the negative side of beauty pageants; this side of the debate is very popular. While many participants will argue that there are benefits of participating in pageants. I guess it is for you, the reader, to decide what your view on beauty pageants is. In my opinion, I think beauty pageants would be a fun hobby. Participating in a few every so often but with some changes made. By changes I mean modifying the rules and regulations. No makeup, not tanning, no flippers. NOTHING. All, all, all natural. No “glitzy” dresses either replace those with nice spring, casual dresses.  Just make the pageant fun without any glitz. I hope this thought will become reality one day but to be realistic I do not think it will. In the end, pageants will either become more extravagant or illegal. Moving on to sexual exploitation of children, I really do hope this will end, soon! Children need to be children and should not be targeted of abuse of any sort. All in all, we have taken in depth look of the world of beauty pageants in the couple of months. I hope you enjoyed reading my posts!  

1 comment:

  1. Your blogs were really interesting to read and it was great to get a better understanding of the beauty pageant world. I've learned that it's an extremely competitive field and a parent should choose wisely when putting their child in this competition. All in all great job on the blogs you stuck to your subject and gave a clear explanation on all of the topics.

    ReplyDelete